Handcrafted Soap, and the Handcrafted Soap Industry
Recently, Public Television produced a wonderful video about handcrafted soap and the handcrafted soap industry for the PBS In Focus series. It gives a wonderful overview of what we are about here at Artisan Soaps, as well as our affiliation with the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild.
About Artisan Soaps
My name is Rebecca and I am the owner and soapmaker of Artisan Soaps. I live in the heart of rural Kansas with Sienna, the dog, and Sage, the cat. I enjoy simple living, creative endeavors, and quality products that are a pleasure to have and use.
Artisan Soaps began in 2012. This story from The Great Bend Tribune tells a little more about how Artisan Soaps came to be. Ever since purchasing my first bar, I have always enjoyed handcrafted soap. Even when I didn't have much money, a nice bar of soap was a small little affordable luxury that could bring a bit of joy, and a smile to start my day. I enjoy sharing that with others. Today, Artisan Soaps offers one of the largest selections of quality handcrafted soaps in the area.
- Quality: I do my best to make sure that you get a good quality product that is a pleasure to have and use. Your products will be made, cut, stored, wrapped, packaged and transported with care and attentiveness.
- Honesty: I offer fair prices and transparency about ingredients and processes.
- Human-Centered: I treat customers, volunteers, vendors, etc. with fairness, respect, and dignity.
- Environmentally-Conscious: Caring about the environment is important to me. I do everything I can to produce products in a consistent environmentally-friendly manner. Everything that can be recycled gets recycled. I reuse the packaging materials that come with my shipments, and I purchase labels, sacks, and packaging made from recycled resources wherever possible.
- follow good manufacturing practices
- ensure that products are safe for use
- accurately label products
- provide accurate information about ingredients, and the benefits and use of products
- conduct business in accordance with all local, state and federal laws
Location, Hours, Delivery & Shipping
Currently, the Artisan Soap Shop is open on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm. The shop is located at 2922 16th Street in Great Bend KS. If you can't make the Saturday hours, or you need to make an emergency gift purchase, just contact me here and I'll make sure I'm at the shop when you come by.
If you are a local customer, you can also shop from this website and arrange for local pick-up or delivery when you check out. Simply place your order and proceed to check-out; for shipping, choose local pick-up or local delivery and proceed to pay for your order. If you need to pick up your order before Saturday, contact me here to arrange a time. If you choose local delivery (in Great Bend KS only), I will deliver your order within 1-2 days.
Out-of-town customers, within the contiguous United States, there is a flat-rate $7 shipping charge.
If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or one of the US Territories, there is an extra $20 shipping cost.